Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State looking into women’s basketball transfers

Comment

There has been significant discussion of this in the Women's Sports Forum. The thread with former players and player parents comments has been removed at the request of those in charge of the investigation at WSU.

Comments, opinions, accusations, defenses, or any other thoughts regarding this situation are not best handled in public forums while there is an investigation underway.

If you have a comment you feel is appropriate to this subject, please send it to julie.scherz@wichita:.edu
      Julie can investigate your concerns and determine if action needs to be taken. ShockerNet cannot.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        There has been significant discussion of this in the Women's Sports Forum. The thread with former players and player parents comments has been removed at the request of those in charge of the investigation at WSU.

Comments, opinions, accusations, defenses, or any other thoughts regarding this situation are not best handled in public forums while there is an investigation underway.

If you have a comment you feel is appropriate to this subject, please send it to julie.scherz@<a href="http://shocker...ichita</a>.edu
        Julie can investigate your concerns and determine if action needs to be taken. ShockerNet cannot.
        You won't read about me making any comments or opinions on what is going on. The only thing I'm going to post is what the local media is saying.

Here is Paul Suellentrop's piece on it.

Comment

Hitting the Twittersphere now

@EmilyGagnonKSN: Very serious claims being made against WSU WBB coach Jody Adams. Players who have left the program telling me it's because of mental abuse.

@kseminoff: WSU investigating allegations against WBB coach Jody Adams. Anger, isolation, personal insults alleged by players. http://t.co/p7pvzPfzZr
          Last edited by Shock Top; April 24, 2015, 11:32 AM.
          The Assman

Comment

This is interesting and raises some intriquing ways to handle similar issues:

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

If you have a comment you feel is appropriate to this subject, please send it to julie.scherz@<a href="http://shocker...ichita</a>.edu
              Just something to clear up, but I've had no official request by anyone to have that thread removed. I removed it because it violates our rules about unsubstantiated rumors about players, coaches or staff, that is clearly in our posting guidelines. It happened previously over a year ago, and back then I directed all the users to talk with Eric Sexton, Boatright or to the extreme end of things, campus police if they viewed that somehow a crime had been committed. Since there is obviously an investigation going on by Julie, I now have a specific and direct line of contact to direct these posters to. This isn't the forum for that type of discussion, and I am thrilled that I can direct them to Julie Scherz.

So to everyone, keep that in mind and do not turn this thread into a mirror of the other thread. If you have some story to share, your voice is much louder talking to Julie than on here.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

She (Julie Scherz) is willing to listen and she wants to listen, Dr. Bardo wants her to listen, to whoever has something to share with her. (julie.scherz@wichita.edu)
                Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

If all you have is 2nd or 3rd hand information I doubt that would be of much value to Julie. However, if you are a player, parent or other person who has some 1st hand information, positive or negative, that would be relevant please contact Julie. The more relevant information she can gather the more likely proper decisions can be made.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 24, 2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Wonder how long this investigation will take. Since there is much more negatives than positives, I figure it shouldn't take long. I find it hard to believe that that many people would be saying negative stuff about HCJA just to get her out.

Sadly, the only information I would be able to offer is what I've heard straight out of a couple former players mouths.

I am glad that WSU is at least taking a look at this now. I'll refrain from making comments about Sexton, needless to say I'm not a fan of his in any way, shape, or form, but this isn't the place for me to be getting into that.

Interested to see how this turns out.

Comment

So what's the role of Becky Endicott in all of this? Is she being looked at too? Just wondered ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleo Liitlefield View Post
                      So what's the role of Becky Endicott in all of this? Is she being looked at too? Just wondered ?
                      Time will tell. According to Paul Suellentrop's article Dr. Bardo's charge was to go wherever the path leads.

For the time being the discussion on this has been shelved (there was a 12-page thread that has been pulled for the time being) outside of posting substantiated facts and sourced media reports.

So the answer is we will have to wait and see.

The only fact I have is that Becky Endicott is the Senior Associate Athletic Director and the Senior Women's Administrator.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 24, 2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

KWCH Channel 12 just gave this story several minutes on the 5:00 news. They have 2 separate reporters talking to former players and their parents.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          KWCH Channel 12 just gave this story several minutes on the 5:00 news. They have 2 separate reporters talking to former players and their parents.
                          As mentioned in other forums on shockernet, KWCH has one of the most bizzare approaches to WSU. They find every negative reason they can to merely talk about WSU and seemingly act like someone is twisting their arm if they ever have anything good to say.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                            As mentioned in other forums on shockernet, KWCH has one of the most bizzare approaches to WSU. They find every negative reason they can to merely talk about WSU and seemingly act like someone is twisting their arm if they ever have anything good to say.
                            As far as I can tell KWCH's reporting had not been significantly different then KAKE and KSN and not as extensive was the Wichita Eagle. So I guess the Wichita Eagle/Paul Suellentrop gets the bad guy award on this issue so far.

Comment

Kwch just repeated wsu and called it a "learning tour" at 5 last night. I was surprised when KSN used the term "abuse" at 10. I figured the gloves were off then.

Comment

Working...
                              X